Federal cost-share funds from the Washington Department of Natural Resources, USDA Forest Service and Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) may be available to help you pay for projects to improve the health of your forest.
We're benefiting from our third DNR "FLEP" grant and applying for a NRCS "EQIP" incentive. These programs can make it financially possible to take management action on small private forest holdings at times like this, when timber prices are low.
Here's some information to get you started...
Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP)
• Provides funds for a variety of conservation projects on forest lands
• Contact local USDA-NRCS offices for details.
• Applications are funded annually.
• Apply by July 15, 2009 to be considered for federal fiscal year 2010 funding.
• More information at http://wa.nrcs.usda.gov
Eastern Washington Forestry Cost-Share Program
• Provides funds for
o Forest Stewardship Plan development
o Wildfire/bark beetle hazard reduction projects
• For details and application form:
www.dnr.wa.gov (type “Eastern Washington Cost Share” in search box) or call 1-888-783-9548 to have an
application mailed to you. Applications are funded continuously year around when adequate funds are available.
Additional web sites of Interest
Educational Programs and Materials (WA and
Family Forest Owners Organizations
Forest Certification Programs
Directory of Private Consulting Foresters
• http://ext.wsu.edu/forestry – click on “Consulting Foresters Directory” – bottom of page